The Governor and his Administration updated the state’s face-covering mandate, requiring anyone over 5 years old to wear a face-covering in public regardless of their distance from others. This includes both public and private golf courses and facilities.
To Our Valued Members and Guests,
New England Country Club is committed to providing a safe environment for all who visit or work here. That commitment remains ever strong as our nation comes together to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, our plan is to continue with normal operating hours and service levels as business and regulations allow. Our team is working hard to ensure that every precaution is being taken in line with the best practices outlined by the CDC, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and Mass Golf.
The information below was sourced from the Mass.gov website and presented in summary form by the Alliance of Massachusetts Golf Organizations (AMGO). The Governor’s Administration is responsible for the creation and the updating of all guidelines and regulations. Please note that these guidelines and regulations can and will change. This document will be updated accordingly.
Last updated: March 1, 2021
- Face Coverings – Face-coverings are required by anyone at the facility, even while playing or practicing, except where an individual is unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability.
- Golf Carts – Permitted for use for 1 or 2 riders (no additional restrictions); must be cleaned/sanitized after each use.
- Tee Times – Must be reserved/booked in advance.
- Tee Time Intervals – Ensure a sufficient gap between group tee times to allow for social distancing.
- Practice Areas – Face Coverings must be worn on all practice areas (driving range, putting green, etc.) and hitting stations on the driving range must be spread to allow at least six-feet between players.
- We have removed the water stations from the course until further notice
- On-Course Items – Conduct frequent disinfecting of heavy transit areas, high-touch surfaces (e.g., doorknobs, railings, counters), shared equipment (e.g., *bunker rakes, ball washers), and practice equipment (e.g., range balls, baskets). It is at the discretion of the golf facility whether or not they would like to use these on-course items.
- Bunker Rakes – Permitted for use if frequently disinfected; It is at the discretion of the golf facility whether or not they would like to use Bunker Rakes in this fashion.
- Flagsticks – May be removed. It is at the discretion of the golf facility whether or not they will allow flagsticks to be removed.
- Hole Liners – Devices that limit the depth of the hole liner may be removed. It is at the discretion of the golf facility whether or not they would like to use these devices.
- Shotguns/Tournaments – Permitted in Phase 3, Step 1. No limit on field size as long as social distancing practices are followed. No spectators are allowed for sports and activities played by individuals 21 years and older. Pre/post outing and tournament activities must follow appropriate guidance (restaurant, indoors vs outdoors, etc.)
- Restaurants: Must follow the latest restaurant guidance (updated 3/1/2021)
- Pro shops: Must follow the latest retail guidance
- Private events: Must follow the latest indoor and outdoor event guidelines
We look forward to seeing you soon,
New England CC Team